Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Donation tally coming this afternoon...(Colleen, I want a new UMAmeter!)

I'm going to post our latest "total donations" tally this afternoon--I'm a writer, not a mather, so adding up all of these numbers is taking me awhile--but I wanted to post a quick Uma update because it's freaking exciting:

John just texted me the following: "She's out of the ICU and in her own room."

This is HUGE and awesome and amazing and every other superlative you can think of. Because Uma still can't talk yet (she still has the trach) and she's been in that damned ICU bed for so long that I'm sure it feels like forever to her and she's been really down. But moving to her own room...it's like, John can tell her that she's making progress, but the new room...it's PROOF to her that progress is indeed being made. It's gotta be so, so good for her to feel that.

No comments: