HOW TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT:
(My grandmother asked for "explicit paypal instructions," so I'm going to make this as easy as possible.)
1. Log on to http://www.paypal.com/
2. Click on the "sign up" button at the top of the page
3. Select "personal account," select which country you live in, then click on "continue"
4. Enter your personal information, choose a password, then click on the "I agree, create my account" button at the bottom of the page
5. You will receive an email from paypal. Open the email, click on the link, enter your password, and voila, you have a paypal account. (See Grandma? Very easy.)
THEN, TO MAKE A DONATION:
1. Click on the "send money" button
2. Enter John's email in the first box (email@example.com), the amount of your donation in the second box, in the "category of purchase" box you should select "cash advance," and then fill out the other boxes as you please. Then hit the "continue" button.
3. Enter your credit card info and billing address, then hit the "add card" button.
4. Then you should be brought to a page that has your "payment details." If everything looks good, click on the "send money" button, and you're set. Paypal will then send you an email to confirm that the payment went through.
OR, IF YOU'D RATHER MAKE A DONATION BY CHECK:
Email Erik at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will give you all of the pertinent details (where to send the check to, etc.)
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!